The SUV market is booming and the Mitsubishi Outlander has seen a surge in popularity. The Outlander is one of the underdogs in the SUV segment which means that a lot of its incredible features tend to go unnoticed. Here are five things you didn’t know about your Outlander!
- Exterior – The Mitsubishi Outlander received a sleek, upscale style the last time it underwent a full redesign. Major changes include redesigned front fenders and a new headlight array. The hood is designed to make the Outlander appear wider while the SUV rides on 18-inch multi-spoke alloy wheels.
- Interior – The Outlander serves as the flagship model for the Mitsubishi brand in the United States. As a result, it recently received a major upgrade in the interior. The new Outlander features a redesigned steering wheel and a new display audio and navigation system. The seats themselves are held to a higher standard and a host of new features join the Outlander options list.
- Noise – The new Outlander is quieter than any model before it. Acoustic glass reduces interior noise while floor insulation silences any outside noise. The doors themselves were redesigned to sound different when they closed as well.
- Standard Features – The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander boasts a long list of standard features. Bluetooth audio streaming, an underfloor rear cargo storage area, and remote keyless entry are just some of the highlights.
- Safety – The Outlander offers some of the highest scores in the industry when it comes to safety. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named both the 2015 and 2016 models to the Top Safety Pick+ list.